As a Non-Resident Applicant, you will also need to do the following:
- The applicant must hold a current real estate license in their resident state.
- If the applicant holds a current broker’s or salesperson’s license in another state, the applicant does not have to complete Kansas’ Pre- License course or the national portion of the exam if the applicant has completed a course and exam for a state the Commission has determined to have equivalent requirements.
- The applicant must submit current certification of license history from any jurisdictions that have issued a real estate license to the applicant. This must be filed no later than 6 months from the issue date of the certification. The certification may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If the applicant is applying for a broker's license:
- The applicant must complete the Kansas Law Course (4 hours) and pass the Kansas portion of the exam.
- If the applicant is applying for a salesperson's license:
- The applicant must complete the Kansas Practice Course and pass the Kansas portion of the exam.
- An active Kansas supervising broker must sign the License Application.
- The applicant must file a Nonresident Form (REL-110) with the License Application. This form is not required if you are a Kansas Resident with a license from another state.
- All application requirements for a Kansas license apply to Nonresident applicants unless stated below.
Waiver of the National Portion of the Examination
Candidates who are licensed in another state may only be required to take the STATE PORTION of the Kansas Real Estate exam but will need to follow this process. You must complete the required Client Waiver Request form before scheduling your exam and receive notification that your Client Waiver has been applied successfully. Failure to do so will require that you take both the GENERAL and STATE portions of the Kansas exam. The Test Center Administrator will not be able to apply a Client Waiver at the test center.
Instructions for obtaining a Waiver
Complete the Client Waiver Request (www.pearsonvue.com/ks/realestate) Email, fax or mail the completed Client Waiver Request Form and any required supporting documents to Pearson VUE.
Example, for a Non-Resident licensed in another state, you will need to submit a copy of your current license from your home state.
Pearson VUE will review and validate your Client Waiver request against the state’s policies. If you meet the requirements, Pearson VUE will send you an email confirmation that the Client Waiver has been applied. After you receive the email confirmation, you may continue contacting Pearson VUE to schedule your exam appointment. You may also schedule online at www.pearsonvue.com.
If the Client Waiver is denied, Pearson VUE will send you an email that will contain information recommending next steps.
How to submit the Client Waiver Request Form
Please choose one of the following options:
Email the Client Waiver Request Form and the required supporting documentation to: PearsonVUEWaiversRequests@pearson.com Fax Client Waiver Request Form and supporting documentation to 1-952-516-5473 Mail Client Waiver Request Form and supporting documentation to:
Pearson VUE ~ Attn: Client Waivers Request ~ 5601 Green Valley Drive ~ Bloomington MN 55437
Mailing the information will result in a longer processing time. Please consider emailing or faxing for the fastest turnaround.
Please note: at the time an application is submitted, the Kansas Real Estate Commission will make its final determination about whether the applicant has submitted proof of completion of an equivalent general portion to the Kansas general exam.
For questions, contact Cindi Ferguson, Professional Development Director via email or by calling 316-263-3167.