Sedgwick County Mask Mandate
As you are all likely aware, the cities and counties in our region have established mandates requiring masks in public spaces. As REALTORS®, we firmly believe that these guidelines should be strictly adhered to while performing all real estate transactions. Since it is our duty as public servants and professionals in our community to provide a commitment to the health and safety of others, this mandate should be followed to protect our clients and ourselves.
As published during the initial onset of the Coronavirus pandemic, please revisit the following guidelines for showings:
- Provide suggestions to sellers on how to prepare their home for showings: lights on, closet doors open, and hand sanitizer, gloves, and booties available at the front door
- Suggest that the seller cleans surfaces before leaving, and again when returning home
- Instruct the buyers to refrain from touching surfaces in the house
- Leave the house the way you find it
- Restrict house viewings to the decision-makers only
We also encourage you to visit with your sellers to establish requirements that they would like to have in place for the safety of all parties involved.
A general recap of the mandate requires that individuals must wear masks or face coverings:
- Inside any indoor or outdoor public space where social distancing of six feet is not possible
- In line and waiting to enter an indoor public space
- Obtaining services from the healthcare sector
- Using public transportation or in a taxi or ride-sharing vehicle
You can view Sedgwick County’s requirements, exceptions, inclusions, and the entire emergency health order here. The order was effective 12:01 a.m., July 10, and will be in place until at least Sunday, August 9. The order also calls for Phase 3 of the Ad Astra Plan to be adopted and incorporated into this order, thereby limiting mass gatherings to no more than 45 individuals in one location where social distancing is not possible.
Thank you for your commitment to the health and safety of our community. The groundwork that we implement now will have a ripple effect for days and years to come.
Please contact us directly if you have any questions.
Thank you.Previous: RSCK Building Guidelines for Members & Guests Next: RSCK Board of Directors Candidates