Director Spotlight - Monica Miller
RSCK Board of Directors - Secretary & Treasurer
Coldwell Banker Plaza Real Estate
1) Where are you from?
2) Who was one of your mentors, and what did you learn from them?
Bruce Peterson was on the Butler County Board of REALTORS® when I got my license. He encouraged everyone to get involved, including me, and dragged me to the Butler County Board meetings. He told me about The KAR Right Track: Leadership Academy and got me to my first KAR meetings. I don’t know if I would be involved like I am without his influence and encouragement.
3) What was your background, before real estate?
International logistics - I specialized in getting anything from Wichita to any part of the world as quickly as possible. It was fun, but real estate is my passion.
4) What do you enjoy doing in your free time?
Hanging with the husband and dogs, running, hiking, canoing and beer drinking all top my “to do” list.
5) Where is your favorite place to take out of town guests?
Downtown Wichita is so fun and has something for everyone. The Zoo is great during the summer, especially with kids.
6) How are you involved in the community?
I have served on the Susan G. Komen Walk Committee for years and I have a team every year to fundraise for them. As a family, we support & volunteer with Habitat for Humanity. I also have served in various positions at RSCK and KAR.
7) What is your favorite app?
Everlance, it is a mileage tracker that saves me so much time.
Previous: January 2020 President's Message
Next: RSCK COVID-19 UPDATE
8) What was your first job as a kid?
I was a cashier at KFC.