REALTORS® of South Central Kansas News
Categorized In REALTORS®
As you are all likely aware, the cities and counties in our region have established mandates requiring masks in public spaces. As REALTORS®, we firmly believe that these guidelines should be strictly adhered to while performing all real estate transactions. Since it is our duty as public servants and professionals in our community to provide a commitment to the health and safety of others, this mandate should be followed to protect our clients and ourselves.
As published during the initial onset of the Coronavirus pandemic, please revisit the following guidelines for showings:
- Provide suggestions to sellers on how to prepare their home for showings: lights on, closet doors open, and hand sanitizer, gloves, and booties available at the front door
- Suggest that the seller cleans surfaces before leaving, and again when returning home
- Instruct the buyers to refrain from touching surfaces in the house
- Leave the house the way you find it
- Restrict house viewings to the decision-makers only
We also encourage you to visit with your sellers to establish requirements that they would like to have in place for the safety of all parties involved.
A general recap of the mandate requires that individuals must wear masks or face coverings:
- Inside any indoor or outdoor public space where social distancing of six feet is not possible
- In line and waiting to enter an indoor public space
- Obtaining services from the healthcare sector
- Using public transportation or in a taxi or ride-sharing vehicle
You can view Sedgwick County’s requirements, exceptions, inclusions, and the entire emergency health order here. The order was effective 12:01 a.m., July 10, and will be in place until at least Sunday, August 9. The order also calls for Phase 3 of the Ad Astra Plan to be adopted and incorporated into this order, thereby limiting mass gatherings to no more than 45 individuals in one location where social distancing is not possible.
Thank you for your commitment to the health and safety of our community. The groundwork that we implement now will have a ripple effect for days and years to come.
Please contact us directly if you have any questions.
Categorized In REALTORS®
Until further notice:
- The main lobby doors will be unlocked during normal business hours. The conference center doors will remain locked to control points of entry.
- You are not permitted to enter the RSCK office building if you have any of the following symptoms: cough, shortness of breath, fever, chills, muscle pain, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell, or have been exposed to someone with suspected or confirmed illness with COVID-19 within the last 30 days.
- You are not permitted to enter the RSCK office building if you have been diagnosed with COVID-19, are experiencing COVID 19 symptoms, or have been exposed to COVID-19.
- Upon entering the building all building guests will proceed to the front desk to complete a required health certification and a contactless temperature check. If a certification is not completed, or the temperature guidelines are not met, you will be asked to leave the building.
- Space demarcations will be posted in the lobby and other common areas to note social distancing requirements.
- All building guests are required to wear masks. Masks will be available at the front desk for a nominal fee. Staff will wear masks upon request if they are not already wearing a mask due to their own preference.
- Gloves may also be worn, but not required. Gloves are also available at the front desk. Staff may wear gloves as a preference, but all staff are hand washing and sanitizing multiple times throughout the day, including before and after each guest interaction.
- The member workstation will be closed to all building guests until further notice.
- In-person meetings will be held as deemed necessary. Meeting attendance will be limited due to the social distancing guidelines. Please contact the office to make accommodations for individuals who may be at a higher risk of severe illness from COVID-19.
- RSCK staff will continue to offer foyer or curbside pickup for store items, lock-boxes, etc. if you prefer to not enter the building.