L.E.A.D. Academy 2021
RSCK’s Professional Development Committee and Board of Directors recognize emerging leaders of today will guide REALTOR® and community organizations of tomorrow and have established a leadership development program known as the L.E.A.D. Academy.
The purpose of this program is to cultivate visionary leaders for our Association and communities through a powerful series of programs. This intensive and dynamic leadership experience will combine individual study, group sessions and actual project experience to develop leadership skills. Candidates will gain valuable knowledge they can apply in both their business and personal lives.
Sessions include Orientation, Personal Strengths, Team Building, Meeting Management, Legislative, Leadership, Public Relations, Community, Strategic Planning, Conflict Resolution, Negotiations, and Visionary Thinking.
Candidates will learn from dynamic people like Parliamentarian, Ann Rempel; Mediator Jeannie Erikson; WSU’s Center for Community Support and Research, Seth Bate; plus many other fantastic instructors and facilitators.
The 2020 program was suspended and will pick back up with the 2021 class of candidates.
April 16th - Community and You: One Can Affect the Other
- Wichita Police Department, Wichita Fire Department, Chamber, Visit Wichita, Greater Wichita Partnership
- Central Plains Area Agency on Aging, Habitat for Humanity, United Way, Children’s Home, American Red Cross
May 21st - What a Capital Idea!
- The legislative process
June 18th – In the Eyes of the Public
- Video book reports from homework assigned at an earlier date
- Social Media training
- Spokesperson/Media training
July 16th – Leadership: What does it take?
- A full day of leadership training
August 20th – Disputes: Prevention & Resolution
- Video reports from civic and charity homework assigned at an earlier date
- Mediation/Negotiation/Conflict Resolution
September 17th – Moving Towards the Future
- Strategic Planning training
- Why Use a REALTOR® video work
The cost of RSCK L.E.A.D. Academy is $299 - THAT'S ONLY 37.38 PER DAY.
This includes the eight (8) all-day sessions, all related materials, and lunches. Program held bi-annually.
For questions: Contact Cindi Ferguson, Professional Development Director via email or by calling 316.263.3167.