Frequently Asked Questions
Why use a REALTOR® to sell your home?
A REALTOR® knows…
- The current market and can help you set a realistic competitive price.
- The local home loan market and can help you decide on financing that’s best to expedite your sale.
- How to figure the approximate net proceeds from your sale based on types of loans, outstanding loan balance and closing costs.
- Where to find prospective buyers, and most important, qualified buyers table to afford your price range
- How to take care of phone inquiries, make appointments, show your home, and follow up, so you don’t have to.
- How to remain objective to buyer criticisms and counter-offers
- Can familiarize you with contracts and closing procedures and is usually present at closing
Why use a REALTOR® when buying your home?
- A REALTOR® helps you determine how much home you can actually afford and can often suggest additional ways to accrue the down payment and explain alternative financing methods.
- A REALTOR® can help you work out a realistic idea of the available homes, can evaluate them in terms of your needs and affordability, and does not waste your time on unsuitable homes.
- A REALTOR® can supply information on real estate values, taxes, utility costs, municipal services and facilities, and is aware of proposed zoning changes that could affect your decision to buy.
- A REALTOR® acts as the liaison between you and the seller in presenting offers and counter-offers until an agreement has been reached.
- A REALTOR® can tell you about financing, and what personal and financial data is needed when you apply for a loan.
- A REALTOR® can familiarize you with contracts and closing procedures in advance.
Question: I’ve received my real estate license, now what do I do?
Answer: After you have received your license, you will need to set up an appointment with Zach Davis. When setting up your time, he will be able to tell you the exact costs associated with joining.
On your appointment, you will need to bring in a completed membership application, subscriber agreement, and a key lease agreement, which requires your broker’s signature. All of these forms, along with additional information can be found on the Membership Info page.
Please note that an appointment is required to attain membership.
Question: How do I become an Affiliate member?
Answer: If you do not sell real estate but want your company to be a part of our Association, you can join as an affiliate member. Our affiliates range in businesses from mortgage brokers to banking, home inspection to pest control and have numerous opportunities to network with other REALTOR® members and advertise. To join, please fill out an affiliate application, located on the Membership Info page, and return it to the RSCK office with payment.
Question: What do I need to do if I have transferred to another company?
Answer: To change your information with RSCK and/or the South Central Kansas MLS, you will need to provide a copy of the License Change Request Form sent to the Kansas Real Estate Commission, along with a key lease agreement with your new broker’s signature, new SCKMLS subscriber agreement, Instanet forms preferences sheet, and a $25 transfer fee. A printable version of the key lease agreement and SCKMLS subscriber agreement can be found on the Membership Info page.
Question: How do I update my email address, phone number, mailing address etc?
Answer: If you are a RSCK member, you can log into the Member’s Only side and fill out the “Member Update” form. (Found on the left side menu.) If you are not a RSCK member, please email any changes to Zach@Wichita-Realtors.com.